I’ve always have and like to use a clear case on my iPhone as it shows off the natural color of my iPhone in addition to not being as bulky. I was given the chance by Anker to review the Anker KARAPAX Breeze case for my Matte Black iPhone 7 Plus which is a nice change of course since I had been using a clear case that just started to yellow after a year. After using this case for the last 2 weeks, I think I will keep it on my iPhone 7 Plus as it looks great and provides adequate protection. I do plan on getting an iPhone X and already have a clear case lined up for it, maybe if there was a clear version of this case I would consider it.
Enough about the upcoming iPhone X, let’s get on to the review.
- The case is thick, it does make your phone feel thicker. I would say it makes my phone feel like almost double as thick and slightly more heavy. I do notice that it is larger when using it with one hand.
- The case covers the curved edges of the phone in addition to some of the bezels so it provides good protection around.
- The case is actually 3 pieces, you can peel off the bumper piece and then it becomes much more flexible so it is easier to install. If you want to remove it, I found it quite hard to remove, I had to take both of the pieces off at the same time, I was unable to peel off the three pieces separately when trying to take it off.
- The case does scratch, I rubbed it against some keys in my pocket and it got slightly gauged, but at least it protected the finish of my phone.
- Since it is so think, it should provide good protection against drops.
- There isn’t any cushion or anything inside of the case where it touches your phone. I didn’t notice any damage on my phone when I removed my phone but it would have been nice to have something to protect it as it seems like the inside if just the surface of the case which has paint or some layer and so if that were to heat up, I am not sure if it will come off into my phone or not.
- The case is mainly black and it looks really slick and clean but it does attract some dust and lint when in my pocket.
- It’s hard to clean off my fingerprints, I did create some micro scratches when wiping it down with a cloth.
All in all, I would say the phone case is good if you like the looks. It is a bit thicker than the cases that I like so I wish that it was slightly more low profile. The quality of the case is definitely better than some of the cheaper options that you find out there. For the price it’s at currently, I would say that it is a pretty good deal as you get a premium feeling case for a cheap price.
- Looks great
- Provides adequate protection
- Great quality for the price
- Premium packaging and feeling (no cheap smell)
- Fits the phone very nicely and covers all ports
- Buttons remain easy to use
- Cutouts are exact and smooth
- Slightly too thick for me, want it to be more low profile
- Seems to scratch easy
- Collects some lint under certain circumstances
- Fingerprints hard to clean off
- Hard to take off (when I need to clean the inside)
- No cushioning inside of the case
*PLEASE NOTE THAT I RECEIVED THE ANKER KARAPAX CASE AS A REVIEW PRODUCT FROM THE MANUFACTURER AND EVERYTHING ABOVE IS BASED OFF MY OWN OPINION AND WAS NOT IN ANY WAY AFFECTED BY OUTSIDE SOURCES. I WAS NOT REQUIRED TO GIVE A POSITIVE REVIEW.